Cell phone holder on rear view mirror

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by CharlesBranch, Apr 8, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I just picked up my new Ionic 5 and could not find a good place for the cell phone. The phone fell on the floor several times on the 50 mile drive home. The rear view mirror stem looks small enough to mount a holder. Has anyone found a good one that mounts securely, is adjustable, and does not wobble or vibrate excessively?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Daniel Achatz

Daniel Achatz New Member

The Cup holder works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

ScubaSteve likes this.
  4. Daniel Achatz

Daniel Achatz New Member

https://www.proclipusa.com/collections/dashboard-mounts-hyundai-ioniq-5-2022 plus a phone holder

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. I wound up ordering this holder from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QXFXFB3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The bracket fits on the stem that connects to the mirror. CellPhoneHolder.jpg So far it works OK, although the mirror stem on the Ionic is so small that the bracket rotates a little. It is not a real problem, but I think I will try wrapping some foam around the stem to reduce the rotation. I prefer holders that mount on the rearview mirror because that puts the phone up high enough so that I don't have to divert my eyes far from the road to check Waze.

EMUL likes this.
  6. Bommai

Bommai New Member

Why can’t you place it in the cubby by the USB port in the front. I use car play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. NRH

NRH Active Member

Magnetic mounts are a very low-profile solution, and you can generally find some little spot to stick them where you want your phone to be. Some of these giant plastic claw-holder-arrangements strike me as incredibly bulky!