Car spied in Fremont, near Tesla factory

Discussion in 'General' started by Gabriel Teixeira, Jan 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Gabriel Teixeira

Gabriel Teixeira New Member

spied-car.jpg

Car someone tell me which car could be this one, seen driving a mile away from the Tesla factory? I assume it could be a future Tesla, giving the area, but it doesn't match either the Model S, X or 3. It could be a refresh of Model S, I guess.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Could be the S refresh.

Glass roof, four doors, large sports sedan, correct shape rear spoiler.

Though I wouldn't put money on it.

4. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

The round tail-lights look like those on the old Roadster, and no other Tesla car. According to online photos, the new Roadster doesn't use round tail-lights.

If this is a Tesla car, then indeed this may be a Model S refresh. I admit it does look like a Tesla car, and the rear does resemble the rear shape of the Model S.

Or it could be just some custom job, altho I'm not aware those guys use camouflage.

5. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

If you look closely the rear tail lights aren't round. They've just cut round shapes int the camouflage.

6. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

Okay, I think you're right. That explains why we see a bar-shaped tail light to the left of the circular lights.

I was wondering how they could get away with covering the tail-lights with a camouflage drape, without getting pulled over by a traffic cop.

9. Pushmi-Pullyu

I don't think so. I see several details which look different, from the placement of the edge of the trunk/hatch lid, to the placement of the tail-light.

Here's the Karma Revero in a 3/4 rear view:
    [​IMG]

Tesla Model S:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  10. Gabriel Teixeira

Gabriel Teixeira New Member

I indeed wondered about the Karma Revero when I saw this car first from the distance, but when I saw the disguises and the context of the situation, I started to wonder about a new Tesla.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. larrenz

larrenz Member

At first glance, I thought it was a Karma Revero.