Battery recall notice

Discussion in 'Kia Soul EV' started by Paul LVEVA, Jun 8, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Just got the letter in the mail about 2015-19 Soul EVs tentatively subject to recall. It says solution may just be a software update, or it may require battery replacement.

Has anyone brought their car in yet? What was your experience?

2018 Kia Soul EV E
    Las Vegas NV

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Soul EV driver

Soul EV driver New Member

Have not brought my car in yet but I got the recall notice as well. Bumping this because I’m also curious, if anyone has gotten further direction from Kia. I know we are a small community but I love my Soul EV

4. DickPassmore

DickPassmore New Member

The issues that my wife and I experienced were prior to the notice. My vehicle started out by not properly reading the remaining charge which resulted in being stranded a couple times over several months. Dealership had no idea what the problem was. KIA Canada finally replaced my battery ( I drove their loaner for two months while waiting for it to be shipped from Korea.) My wife is still experienceing the problem but it hasn't completely failed on her yet, just wildly different readings on remaining charge/distance. I'd like to think that our ongoing issues helped prompt the deeper dive by KIA into the problem.

5. UPDATE: Car went in to my local dealer, the software update took about an hour. They said the battery checked out fine (as I expected), but said they did not to a State of Health report.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. Soul EV driver

Soul EV driver New Member

I also got recall done. Rather unceremonious, did the software upgrade and no faults found. The technician did not know battery state of health/degradation or anything like that but glad it’s not at higher risk of fire.

I’ve had quite the ordeal over past 10 weeks with this car. Glad to have it back. I’ll post another thread if anyone is interested and you might be because I had to have drive unit replaced under warranty because the car rolled while in park…

7. To remove this ad click here.