Any other people on a list to buy a Rav4 Prime at a local dealer

Discussion in 'Rav4 Prime' started by Blue Adept, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Blue Adept

Blue Adept New Member

My dealer added me to the list for the Rav4 Prime.

Anyone else sign up at the dealer they use?

Blue

2. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

Definitely keeping an eye on it but not ready to make the leap from my Clarity PHEV. Maybe once the Rav4 Prime has a model year or two under its belt and I have read a few reviews I will make the leap. I do not like the idea of going to less EV range but the R4P does check many of the boxes on my wish list.

Domenick likes this.
  3. El Maestro

El Maestro New Member

Waltzed into my local So Cal Dealer....don’t even have a list fir vehicle. Says he’ll call when he gets the lowdown. Says anywhere from 2 months to 6 months away....he wasn’t very helpful. Anyone else heard anything about release?

Any chance of Federal Tax credits similar to Prius Prime?

Domenick likes this.
  4. Domenick

Domenick Administrator Staff Member

Did they give you any kind of time frame for delivery?

5. ColoradoPrime

ColoradoPrime New Member

Little news on the release at all, or the final details (e.g., mileage rating), but I remain quite interested. My niece bought just a hybrid RAV4 and I recently got to ride in it. It is quite impressive, roomy, well constructed etc. She is consistently getting in the high 30s for mpg in the Phoenix area. But, one thing that she does not like is that the rear seats do not come close to folding flat, but fold only partially down leaving quite a bump, making it awkward to put some things in the otherwise roomy cargo area. She speculates this was necessary to fit the battery in, but it is a tiny hybrid battery relative to the one that will be in the RAV4 prime, so it worries me that the Prime cargo area might also not have fold-flat seats and may lose volume...you may want to look at one before buying if this is a concern.

Domenick likes this.