aN abnormal temperature reading PUD - recall?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Claire, Dec 28, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Claire

Claire New Member

I'm in the process of purchasing a 2018 Touring Clarity. I thought I would pick it up today. My local dealer had to get my desired color from another dealer. Then, I got a call that I could not pick it up yet due to a 'Recall' item that had to be fixed. I have not been able to find any info about any recall. Salesman said that the issue was the "aN abnormal temperature reading PUD". Has anyone heard of this?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Claire likes this.
  4. leop

leop Active Member

The only part that needs replacing in the service (soft recall) campaign is the climate control unit. The delay in getting this part (abnormal temperature reading PUD is the symptom) is what is causing the sale to be blocked until the fix is made. BTW, the 3-way valve issue was part of a larger software problem rather than a hardware problem as first thought. The software fix for this is part of the service campaign.

LeoP

5. Heino

Heino Active Member

When did Honda start fixing the climate control issue at the factory? My car was built in July 2018 and am wondering if it applies to me.

6. leop

leop Active Member

I do not know but the part number was new in October and the dealers still need to order the replacement climate control unit for each Clarity brought in for the service campaign. The dealer can and will look up in the service database to find out if your Clarity needs the update but I suspect it will (pure speculation on my part). BTW, I did not notice any problems with the climate control before my Clarity got the replacement. I only brought our Clarity in for the service campaign as the "multiple system problems" issue caused our Clarity to very occasionally be unable to shift into the drive or reverse modes unless I disconnected the battery or waited a while (half an hour or so) for the PCU to reset. This was a problem that I did not want my wife to contend with.

LeoP

7. To remove this ad click here.