Affordable EV with 100miles of range?

Discussion in 'General' started by LiamMadyam, Mar 20, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LiamMadyam

LiamMadyam New Member

Hi everyone!

I commute about 45 miles each way (~90 miles total) about 3 times a week, with no charger at my destination. I was looking at used sub $10k EVs (egolf, used leaf, fiat 500e) but am not sure the range will work, especially if I assume a ~15% range degradation since I'm buying used. Any options other options that I may have overlooked?

Thanks in advance!

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The BMW i3 would meet your requirements. I occasionally see them down as low as $10k. One with the range extender would also be a possibility. People who own them tend to be very positive about ownership.

4. Not sure of your location, but how does ~238 miles range for $13K sound (2017 Bolt EV):
    https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/1G1FW6S00H4145772/2017-chevrolet-bolt-ev/
    Note:
    check for recall status

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Owner of both a 2019 Std Rng Plus Model 3 and 2014 BMW i3-REx:
    • 2015-current - any BMW i3-REx works. Check eBay motors for completed sales. End of lease with a year warranty is perfect. Avoid 2014 as there were infantile problems with motor mount bolts.
    • Evaluate trade-in on Tesla - get a free Tesla account and look at used ones with an evaluation of your trade-in car. The $18,300 for our Prius Prime made our 2019 Tesla Model 3 quite affordable, less than $24,000.
    GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson

6. LiamMadyam

LiamMadyam New Member

my issue is solved guys thankyou all!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Todd111

Todd111 New Member

Just curious, how was your issue solved? If you bought something, what did you buy?