AC blowing warm again.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by neal adkins, Oct 22, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

Condenser was replaced about 4 months ago. Took it into dealer last Friday Oct 20th and was told the condenser is not leaking. They want 165$ to further diagnos. Needless to say I wasn't happy that last repair only lasted about 3 months. Any thoughts.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The only thing you can do for free is to try again at a different dealer's service department.

neal adkins likes this.
  4. neal adkins

Good idea. I had the same thought. Theres another dealership about 1 hour from my home.

insightman likes this.
  5. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

That still sucks. 1 hour going there and 1 hour coming back, hoping they will check for free. :mad::(

neal adkins likes this.
  6. This is the second time in the past few weeks that a condenser has been diagnosed as “not leaking” and the first one was a misdiagnosis. This could be the default Honda response to A/C problems.

How did they determine that the condenser is not leaking? Were you charged a diagnostic fee for this result? If they are convinced that the condenser isn’t leaking, it would seem to be in their own best interest to locate the leak, assuming one may be present, given that the A/C is blowing warm air, since you would be on the hook for a potentially expensive repair that isn’t covered by a warranty. The whole idea of taking the car in was to find out what’s wrong and they told you what isn’t wrong.

Of course, if they’ve made a correct diagnosis, then you could end up spending 2 hours driving, plus diagnostic time at another service department, just to be told the same thing.

If you’ve been mostly satisfied with the service department at the local dealer, it might be worth the effort to go back and ask them a few questions.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
    neal adkins likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. neal adkins

20231025_170200.jpg 20231025_165956.jpg 20231025_170200.jpg

9. neal adkins

So after some research i decided to go this route. We shall see how it works in time. But blowing really cold. The oils used are the same in both refrigerants. Just used the fitting adapters to connect.

10. neal adkins

11. I’m not exactly sure what you’ve done, but I do know that the A/C system on the Clarity uses R-1234YF refrigerant.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. neal adkins

I put r134a into an empty system.

14. Got it. You contaminated a system with a non-compatible refrigerant, tampered with an emission control device and didn’t find or repair the leak.

15. neal adkins

I did take it back to Honda again before i recharged it and they said the valve was leaking on discharge hose (wich i saw no evidence of) I will tighten up the schrader valves and see how it does. I hope the climate Gods understand....