7-11 charges ahead

Discussion in 'General' started by electriceddy, Jun 1, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    mho likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

<MEGA GROAN>

Fast in and out is the 711 marketing approach. Even 800 VDC chargers are going to have a delay on parking spots.

Bob Wilson

4. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

In Sudbury , there are no shopping malls or stores where you can charge unlike cities in the US

Gsbrryprk8 likes this.
  5. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I know that Chargepoint has units available with capacity >50kW - I hope the picture is just from the pilot from a few years ago.

6. I have replaced more than a few main disconnect fuses at 7_11 stores throughout my career as the stores are usually hurting for power. So much heating and cooling food related equipment that any little short or overload causes the mains to open because they are running so close (if not over) the maximum ampacity. I realize most existing services are 120/240 or 120/208 services so won't have a bearing as the DC chargers are 480V 3 phase. This will require separate underground wiring, CDPs and transformers as well as the Chargers themselves at a huge expense, so kudos to 7-11 for taking on these projects and the more the better. I am sure they will be subsidized or co-funded by government incentives on both sides of the border to relieve some of the cost. What ever equipment they choose I hope they service them accordingly to keep them healthy and online after the dust settles, this being probably the most important part.;)

7. To remove this ad click here.