3000 Mile Break in?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by ColdCase, Aug 17, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

Maybe just me, but has anyone noticed that at about 3000 miles the mini seems to become noticeably more spirited? I have a vague recollection of someone here mentioning it awhile ago, that there was a break in period with restrictions. I mean it is now squealing tires a bit when hard acceleration. It has not been doing that... except for very uneven road surfaces. Or have I already worn down the tire tread? :)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

I can't think of what would "break in" on an EV. The bearings in the motor and the wheels?

insightman likes this.
  4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Suspension elements, would be my guess. But I wouldn't refer to it as a "break in", the SE is ready to go on day one. I will say the longer I drive my SE the "lighter on its feet" it seems. At 42,000 miles I'm getting the best handling I've had.

moncureww and Aquavir like this.
  5. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

I was thinking not so much the traditional break in but perhaps the Mini software was holding back a bit for a period of time, perhaps for battery conditioning. Dunno. Maybe just adapting to m

6. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Check a tire pressure don’t depend on TPMS

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I may get 42000 miles in next 10 years or gas will be $10 and my wife stop driving dinosaur ACE than I get faster to your milages. You are a champion on this SE forum.

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  9. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

That might be tread wear. My Goodyears never made any noise when I accelerated, but lately I've noticed they can chirp when I take off from a stop.

moncureww likes this.