2020 Clarity Basic Trim Rdmote climate conditionig

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by sarosam, Feb 26, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. sarosam

sarosam New Member

Hi everyone, I am deciding between basic and touring model for 2020 Clarity. From past discussuons I understand remote climate conditioning is on both trims. But according to Honda website, its only on touring. So wanted to check if anyone has 2020 basic trim and has remote climate. Its not the only factor, but will help me decide.

Thank you.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Danks

Danks Active Member

I've got a 2019 Basic and it has remote climate.

K8QM likes this.
  4. sarosam

sarosam New Member

Ok thank you for the response. That is consistent with what I researched, but just wanted to check if for 2020, Honda made some updates to disable this feature for base trim.
    Also, do you have remote climate control through fob or only through app?

Being Non California car buyer, not even option for me to see the car trims let alone test drive. Hopefully still get to order trim I choose at least.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Be sure to check that the driver's seat-bottom angle in the base Clarity works for you because you can't change the tilt like you can with the Touring. Of course, you can change the seat-back angle on both trim levels, but not the seat-bottom.

Then there's the luxurious leather steering wheel in the Touring...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  6. sarosam

sarosam New Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. sarosam

sarosam New Member

Thats a great point!
    Will definitely weigh heavily in my decision since dont have option to test this. Plus those leather covered steering wheel and leather seats which my heart wants but brain cant get over $3200 premium. But this point helps a lot.
    Thank you.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The Touring's seats aren't all leather. I believe only the perforated interior pieces are leather and the rest of the seat is the same imitation leather as the base Clarity. The leather steering wheel is very nice, but, as you say, not worth $3200. Another consideration is the imitation suede leather on the Touring's dashboard and doors. If you get a light-colored interior and you have kids, you might want to do what @KentuckyKen did and 3M-spray the heck out of those parts.

Having the NAV on the Touring is nice as a backup if you forgot to bring a USB cable to connect your phone. Can't say anything nicer than that about the NAV.

Other than the lower price, the best part about the base Clarity is that it doesn't have a nameplate that says "BASE" in place of the "TOURING" nameplate on the trunk lid.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  10. sarosam

sarosam New Member

I didn't know about leather seats. Yes, ultra suede is my concern and actually is negative point for me with 2 kids.
    Thank you for all the inputs, really appreciate it.

11. Danks

Danks Active Member

I think I used it on the FOB once. We use the HondaLink app and it works fine most of the time. It didn't work only once or twice and that seemed to be related to moving the phone and losing network connection. Most of the time it takes a minute or so for HondaLink to communicate to the car and the car to confirm. I've started the climate for my wife at work 12 miles away.

Remote climate when plugged in saves some EV range. If you are using 110V charger you need to stop the charge before turning on the climate control. We will frequently get the car home, plug it in to the 110V charger, turn off the charge to save $, and the next morning turn on the climate control - and then drive to work where my wife gets free 220V charging.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. sarosam

sarosam New Member

Thank you @Danks for detailed response.
    Good info about charging as well. I am sure I will have plenty questions with optimized charging as well once I get the car.

14. TomL

TomL Active Member

We got a 2018 Touring and the major upgrade for us is the built in GPS. Android Auto is buggy for us and the built-in GPS has been very helpful on long trips. Seat adjustment and leather trim are nice but not a big deal. Seat heaters were a major item for my wife, but they have become moot since we got the excellent seat covers recommended by KentuckyKen.

15. KClark

KClark Active Member

As always, our mileage varies. With an iPhone and unlimited data I find Apple carplay to be everything I need and want as far as navigation goes. Upgrading to Touring, with partial leather electric seats and padded steering wheel, didn't add enough value for me. I'm very happy with my base Clarity.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Mowcowbell likes this.
  16. sarosam

sarosam New Member

17. sarosam

sarosam New Member

@TomL, Can you please share details or link for seat covers?
    Thank you

18. TomL

TomL Active Member

Big Ant Breathable 2pc Car Interior Seat Cover Cushion Pad Mat for Auto Supplies
    on EBay. I paid $30 with free shipping. Thanks to KentuckyKen for the first mentioning them. They are a little tricky to secure because you have two discs to push through the base of the seat and you have to maneuver your fingers to pull them through. They do a good job of protecting the seat and do not interfere with the seat warmer.

sarosam likes this.
  19. TomL

TomL Active Member

I have since discovered a good way to secure these Big Ant seat covers. There are two hooks in front and two discs in back of these covers which can be connected with a stretchy cord run under the seat. Out of sight and keeps cover from sliding around when you seat yourself.