Hyundai Bluelink App blues

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Jgood, Oct 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. My bluelink (North America) seems to work just fine. At least in the Las Vegas, NV area.

I also just now found a handy little Android widget (Start) that can be resized down to a single 1x1 size. Just tap on it, the PIN keyboard pops up, and done. It's literally 5 taps total (4 of those for the PIN) from the home screen! It starts the AC (or heating I suppose) [​IMG]

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 5 taps and waiting for the cows to come home! The other day I wanted to see my charge. I refreshed 3 consecutive times. All of them timed out without working. 6 minutes of waiting.

4. Well, I don't care how long the cows need, because I 5-tap about 10-15 minutes before I will be at the car. So even if the processing takes 2 minutes it doesn't bother me because my phone is in my pocket and I do work or groceries or whatever. I don't have to wait for an app to start and contact whatever Hyundai is doing. It literally takes 3 seconds for me.

Doing the same through the app takes anywhere from 2-4 minutes (or even longer).

5. If you have a fingerprint scanner on your phone the "Start" widget is Tap-and-Touch. It's not failed me once all summer (unlike the larger app, which fails a majority of the time).

Esprit1st likes this.
  6. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

Nearly one year after you found this widget we still do not have it available in the Canadian app.
    There is also an Alexa skill available to the US market and after 2 years of ownership the Canadian skill is still missing. I really wish the Canada US markets were more closely tied so that these perks would be available to us.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I agree that Canadian Bluelink is pretty woeful but on the plus side Canadian Hyundai EVs are on the whole better equipped and cheaper.

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.
  9. Shark

Shark Active Member

We have been holding the widget and Alexa skills hostage waiting for you to send us down our heat pumps :)

EnerG likes this.
  10. That's funny because we've been holding your heat pumps hostage until you send your weather our way. Stand off!

EnerG and Shark like this.