Floor Mats

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by bldxyz, Apr 27, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I guess the whole "order the first 2022" thing has its downside, in that there was no mention of things I think of as standard to add on, the most glaring being floor mats.

I don't remember having to specify floor mats for the past two (Acura) cars I bought, but I must have. Here, no choice, no mention.

I went to the MiniUSA website and of course there are tons of choices, but their shopping cart sends you to a dealer, and the mats I want are out of stock.

What gives? Did anyone else get floor mats? Was it just my dealer not even mentioning it?

AndGuz likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Chicago

Chicago Member

mats.jpg

AndGuz likes this.
  4. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I ordered mine before the builder tools. Dealer said nothing about the mats.

5. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

I’m wrong. There are floor mats there. Same color as the interior, same color border. Just relied on my wife’s not thinking they were there. Glad I didn’t order any additional!

AndGuz and GvilleGuy like this.
  6. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Oh - whew. I was thinking "I got floor mats!". I added on the weather mats, and they were sliding around on top of the factory mats for a day before I realized I needed to remove the factor mats so that the all weather mats would stick to the velcro circles. I've bagged the factory mats for storage.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I believe MINIs come standard with the carpet floor mats (front, anyway), all-weather ones are an add-on. I was able to keep my all-weather mats from my 2015 Hardtop S that I traded in, they fit perfectly.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  9. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

I took out the carpeted mats and put in some all-weather types. Since I had an F55 before I could only reuse the front mats. Bought new mats and trunk liner for the F56.

10. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Well, at least my dumb post was good for something. I feel rather stupid for just not thinking they were there when they were. They blend in so perfectly....

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  11. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

I went with Weathertech for my 2021 SE... work great aside from a small cutout area around the accelerator pedal that lets some pine needles through...

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. GvilleGuy

I have Weathertech on every other vehicle at our house. Love those mats. I liked the look of the Mini weather mats and went for it. But they do not have the raised sides like Weathertech. (Assuming yours have raised sides in the Mini?)

14. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

Here they are in all their dirty splendor... 20210428_174425.jpg

GvilleGuy likes this.
  15. GvilleGuy

That will be my next mat if I decide the Mini ones are not protecting the floor enough!

16. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

I'm sure you won't regret it should it come to that.

17. bldxyz

bldxyz Well-Known Member

Glad I live in a calmer climate!

Toi likes this.
  18. Puppethead

Here are the MINI all-weather floor liners I inherited from my 2015 SE Hardtop, which do go up the sides. But apparently not high enough by the accelerator! Looks almost identical to the WeatherTech liners.

Man, the floor looks so much dirtier through a camera compared to the naked eye.

floorliner.jpg

MichaelC and Toi like this.
  19. Toi

Toi Well-Known Member

That's one hell of a gap on the left there... :eek:

20. GvilleGuy

The Mini all weather floor mat.

DB75AB10-06FD-401D-92B3-B1BFEA933EB4.jpeg

21. Puppethead

So "mat" is flat and "liner" has edges, good to know.

(By the way, I of course meant 2015 S Hardtop in my previous post.)

22. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You have a cute new avatar! This gives me an excuse to ask, does "Puppethead" refer to the They Might Be Giants song, (Put Your Hands Inside) The Puppet Head?

Oh, to drift back on-thread-topic, I really like the 3D Maxpider all-weather mats I bought for my SE (after liking them in our Clarity PHEV). I got only the front mats because MINI, but it appears Amazon is selling the gray ones only in a set of 4. The tan ones can be ordered front-only. Other vendors sell them and I saw discounts advertised when I googled these mats. I like how they don't need the locating posts that WeatherTech uses.

wessy likes this.
  23. Puppethead

That didn't take long to notice! I was victorious (mostly) with getting a grille badge, going to post a thread on it soon.

I am a fan of TMBG, but I picked that before hearing their song. I like puppets a lot and to me there's symbolism about the head, which isn't really controlled by the puppeteer.

insightman, MichaelC and Lainey like this.