Wireless CarPlay adaptors anyone?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Stan-O, Dec 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

Had to switch to an iPhone from Android and give up the AAWireless device and find a wireless CarPlay adaptor.

I've experimented with a few of them and all of them seem to freeze or crash at one point or another when I'm listening to Spotify.

Would be curious to know if anyone else is using a wireless CarPlay adaptor and which one? And if it's glitch-free, what software do you have flashed to your Clarity?

PS. If you're not using CarPlay wirelessly, please refrain from commenting.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

Stan-O likes this.
  4. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

Thank you, I've browsed two pages of most recent discussions and missed it! I'll move my question there!

5. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

Feel free to tell me I need to start a new thread for this question. But I'm sincerely curious what folks do with CarPlay that one cannot have with just bluetooth?
    I don't find the screen in the car all that compelling. I have a rubber/plastic mount for my cellular phone and run google maps on it, then have the audio go through the car's system. Asked another way, is there something more to carplay than just being able to use the tablet screen built into the car?

6. ralfalfa

ralfalfa Member

Dan, it's hard to answer your question put that way- to me, having that big tablet as the touch screen when using Carplay, instead of my relatively small phone, that would be enough.

But the answer is yes, there's more to Carplay than just mirroring the phone. CarPlay lets you have a hybrid screen, with Apple Maps or Google Maps running on half of it, podcast or music apps on another portion, and directions or other controls on your phone. So it's not just a mirror, it's a multiplier, letting you keep multiple apps (or multiple screens on one app) all visible at once. It took me about an hour using Carplay that way to decide every car I ever buy in the future has to have that.

gedwin and Dan Albrich like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind and informative answer.

-Dan