Windshield Crack Appears to have Broken ACC

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Geor99, Feb 26, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

Talk about a bad day:) On Friday my department at work was closed, a rock hit my windshield, spread over the following 6 hours to the housing in the center top of the windshield, and now the Assisted Cruise Control stopped working.

I know its a bad picture, but the white lettering in the picture says Cruise Main. I can no longer see a number for
    mph on the cruise control area, and it no longer works.

I contacted Geico and have an appointment with a shop to take a look. Yes, Ill make sure that they have the proper experience, etc.

Ill keep everyone posted in case this happens to others.

Attached Files:

Mud Killer likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Skynosaur

Skynosaur Member

On the steer wheel. Locate the button to keep the distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you. Press and hold that button down for a few seconds. This will change it back to ACC.

Let me know if this helped fix it.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Cash Traylor and Geor99 like this.
  4. IIRC, The camera is used for lane keeping. The sensor for the ACC is the radar under the Honda logo on the grill....

insightman likes this.
  5. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

Thank you, Skynosaur, for your suggestion!!!! That got the acc working again. I had never seen it turn off before, and it coincidentally happened on the same day as my window crack.

6. Skynosaur

Skynosaur Member

You're welcome. Glad I can assist.

Some people don't like ACC and prefer regular cruise control. You can switch it on and off by doing so.

Teslawannabe likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

ACC is one of the greatest inventions that I have seen in my lifetime. To say that I like it would be a gigantic understatement.

Now, I am going to be paranoid at every turn that a gigantic windshield payment will happen at any moment. I suppose that I should lower my insurance deductible, as I can see this happening again and again.

A $1,600 windshield would have been nice to know before I bought the car, as this has happened with every car that I have ever owned approximately every 4 years.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Insighter likes this.
  9. Skynosaur

Skynosaur Member

Yes they are expensive because of Honda Sensing System. Your insurance company should have glass coverage.

10. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

Geico does have it and my cost is $500, plus who knows how high my premium will go.