Who does this?!?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by Celtic Norseman, Aug 5, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Celtic Norseman

Celtic Norseman New Member Subscriber

And is there any worthwhile way to report this crap? Totally blocking a 350Kw space.

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Celtic Norseman

They came back, inexperienced EV owner. I politely educated them. (Don't worry, I was nice). I explained the difference between the 150 and 350 stations and how different cars can handle different power, etc. And politely explained informed them they were blocking a space.

bwilson4web likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Often ignorance can be misinterpreted as malice. Always approach assuming a potential 'teaching moment.' Then sic the 'Karen' on them. <GRINS>

What car is that? Almost a Tesla but the plug is on the wrong side.

Bob Wilson

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Last year, I saw a Porsche Taycan completely blocking two charging stations by parking across the front of both. I'm still kicking myself for not taking a photo and then naively asking the driver if that was an electric car and was it so powerful that it required both of the two charging stations in that lot.

bwilson4web likes this.
  6. Celtic Norseman

I can't recall which type of car it was, but one I'm not too familiar with for sure. She was just really nervous I think, and flustered. Said her husband usually drove it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

I understand nervous, inexperienced, flustered, but surely she knew that the idea of stripes delineating parking spaces is that you're supposed to park within them, not across them. That's not EV-specific knowledge.

Mark W and Celtic Norseman like this.
  9. bwilson4web likes this.
  10. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

I'm sure she knows that. However if she was having a problem backing up, or was afraid of damaging her husband's car, maybe that was the best solution at the time.

If the outside mirrors don't tilt down when backing up, or there isn't a 360 camera setup, I'll give her a pass. Hopefully, she can get some practice backing up the car.

What's interesting is how we jump to conclusions, and when we talk to the individual it's not always something nefarious.

11. Celtic Norseman

All good points, I'm just hoping next time she's more comfortable and courteous because I was nice about it. Just glad I was able to tamp down my initial frustration and be a kind human, got to be sure to check myself in the future as well.

12. To remove this ad click here.