USA Standard EV Charging Rules

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Jun 10, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: Biden-Harris Administration Takes Key Step Forward in Building a National Network of User-Friendly, Reliable, and Accessible Electric Vehicle Chargers | US Department of Transportation

Thursday, June 9, 2022
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – In keeping with President Biden’s commitment to jumpstart the construction of a national network of 500,000 electric vehicle (EV) chargers by 2030, the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration today announced a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) on proposed minimum standards and requirements for projects funded under the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) Formula Program. These minimum standards will help ensure our national EV charging network is user-friendly, reliable, and accessible to all Americans, and interoperable between different charging companies, with similar payment systems, pricing information, charging speeds, and more. The proposed rule would establish the groundwork for states to build federally-funded charging station projects across a national EV charging network, an important step towards making electric vehicle charging accessible to all Americans.

. . .

Like airport fees, I like the program funded by the users. Follow the Tesla Supercharger example. Also have repair response time requirements.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

I suggest that folks interested in where this is going in their state, that they go to their state's web sites and see if they offer a sign up area where you can receive emails as to public meetings and so on. Check with your local commerce agency, transportation agency and environmental agency.

For those in Washington state, try starting here:

https://wsdot.wa.gov/construction-planning/statewide-plans/national-electrical-vehicle-infrastructure-plan

https://wsdot.wa.gov/business-wsdot/grants/zero-emission-vehicle-grants/zero-emission-vehicle-infrastructure-partnerships-grant

4. Wavebender

Wavebender New Member

Excellent idea. I can’t find anything comparable here in benighted Idaho, so may I ask how you found those links in WA? Search terms? I tried everything could think of.

5. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

You just Googled Washington state electric vehicle grants.

In your case, you will probably have to directly contact your transportation, commerce, and ecology departments and asked to be included in any public meeting notices relevant to any electric vehicle infrastructure money.

Wavebender likes this.
  6. Wavebender

Wavebender New Member

Good advice. I can find nearly nothing on Idaho.gov, so I’ll badger them the old fashioned way.

7. To remove this ad click here.