USA prices released

Discussion in 'EX30' started by electriceddy, Oct 3, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    Josh815 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I always wondered, is there a law that determines how early in the year a car company can use the following year as the model year? I would be surprised if "2025" at the very top of the press release is a typo.

4. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

Wikipedia, being the end all be all of truth and knowledge, gives examples as early as February despite being more customary to be the back half of the year (August onward).

IIRC Volvo is typically slower to increment MY than other makes, 2025 does seem a little off. My partner got an early order C40, a MY '22 in '22. Now later in '23 it's a little confusing with dealers listing '24 MY but official Volvo USA website still showing '23 - particularly annoying since it does matter. That original few years were pretty inefficient and the newer ones meaningfully better. Could be a disappointing shopping experience if you aren't into the details.

Press releases aside, Volvo support has been consistent with this schedule: US will see customization this fall (so soon I hope,) test drive units early next calendar year, deliveries in the first half of next calendar year. Many parts of the world will get them sooner and already have build numbers, so we should see early owners impressions before we even get hands on.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    insightman likes this.