Tshirts

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Edd, Nov 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Edd

Edd New Member

Many weeks ago, I seam to remmber someone saying something about a tshirt with the clarity on it being for sale. Does anyone remmber this tshirt and how do i buy.

edd

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I made a Clarity T-shirt years ago to wear at Drive Electric Week events. However, I don't sell them because I don't want to receive letter from Honda's legal department.

Instead, here are PDF files for the front and rear. You can take the files to a local T-shirt shop and have a T-shirt made. Because the lettering is white, a non-white T-shirt is required (that's why the PDF files appear to have no lettering). If you're a Photoshopper, I can supply 600-dpi PSD files that you could modify any way you please.

See below for the front and rear of the T-shirt. The slogan on the front came from Honda's only major TV ad for the Clarity PHEV. Because many people complain about the cool aerodynamic profile of the rear wheel-well, the back makes it clear that wheel well is a feature, not a bug.

upload_2021-11-8_15-47-28.png

4. Edd

Edd New Member

Thank you mr insightman.

Edd

insightman likes this.
  5. Made by a local shop. Good quality, but not as inexpensive as others seem to like.

New tee back.jpg

insightman likes this.
  6. insightman

I don't mind paying for good quality. You're lucky to have a competent and willing T-shirt shop in your area.

Today, I was at the shop that made my Clarity-design T-shirt 3 years ago. I wanted them to make me a T-shirt designed for my electric MINI Cooper, but they said I would first have to obtain a license from MINI to use their logo. I protested that I just wanted a single T-shirt. Furthermore, I continued, this great shop made my Honda Clarity shirt before this.

"We wouldn't do it again without a license from Honda," the meanie replied.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Where I bought mine. It's been a while. February of 2020

http://www.aliveprintshop.com/

9. insightman

Thanks! I'll give them a try. Maybe being in Las Vegas makes them less cautious.

10. Any luck?

11. insightman

No, the Alive Print Shop also requires proof of rights to print any corporate logo. I'm now trying to figure out to whom at MINI I should send my request to purchase rights to make a single T-shirt. Based on the absence of responses to my many letters begging to pay $1,500 extra to get the less-expensive scoopless base MINI hood on my SE, I'm not optimistic. Maybe MINI will decline because they'll worry I'd Photoshop their refusal letter on MINI letterhead to make it look like an authorization letter.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  12. To remove this ad click here.