Trailer Light Wiring Kit

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Toby Whitehead, Dec 23, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Toby Whitehead

Toby Whitehead New Member

I have a 2021 Kona EV Ultimate. Occasionally I pull a small trailer. I wanted to know if anyone here knows of a wiring kit that works with the EV Kona models.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. There's a YouTube video out there demonstrating the installation of a wiring kit on a Kona EV, it's not at my fingertips but I'm pretty sure I saw it mentioned a while back on this forum.

After having the local U-Haul dealer install a 2" hitch, I went back to have a wiring kit installed because I wanted to add lights to my bike rack for a long road trip, thinking it would likewise be rather trivial to do. They gave up, telling me they'd have to dismantle the bumper to run the wires (which I think is incorrect) and they slightly damaged one of the taillights in the process of putting it back together. So I don't recommend having U-Haul put in the wiring package, the hitch part went OK once they figured out they needed to cut some plastic to make it work.

4. Toby Whitehead

Toby Whitehead New Member

Thank you very much. I found the thread. It doesn't seem too complicated.

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/installing-a-trailer-hitch.5084/page-11#post-198103

JoeS likes this.
  5. JohnDD

JohnDD New Member

JoeS likes this.