Toyota distributing combustion engine propoganda in schools.

Discussion in 'General' started by gooki, Nov 12, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Smheilig and turtleturtle like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

The fear mongering over nuclear in the article is worse than the lack of mention of BEVs in the pamphlet, assuming the pamphlet is actually real.

4. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

How did the company that basically started the electrification revolution with the Prius turn into a fierce detractor? It’s almost like they’re a business and don’t actually care about the environment; they care about entrenching themselves to keep the market from shifting.

5. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

All I've got is their following the Japanese master plan.

Unfortunately that plan was based around incorrect assumptions: the energy required to create batteries, improvements to battery energy density, and no allowance for the recycling of batteries.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I suppose they could go back to making buggy whips or becoming the Japanese equivalent of Uber.

On a serious note, Japan could do with a major investment and maintenance of renewable energy. There are lots of places that could use that technology to build out grids for Toyota EVs.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  8. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Right. The longer they worry about jobs and slow walk it, the further they fall behind and the more jobs they lose.

Go hard on EVs, battery factories, wind turbines, solar farms, and geothermal power plants, and many of those parts manufacturing employees will find work in those new industries.

9. Yes, looks wonderful when you only look through utopian lens. We are already getting a taste of of that now with all the govt spending and inflation. Will see what that utopia looks like in a couple of years...

I am all for EVs, but we have to get there without killing our economies and lifestyles. Some countries are doing it well, and Norway is probable the best. We could learn a lot from them.