Tire pressure?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by david de volpi, Nov 8, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. david de volpi

david de volpi New Member

I just had my wheels changed to winter tires on winter rims. Since then I am getting a message on screen saying check tire pressure but I can no longer find the tire pressure. Is this because of the new rims? Are the tire pressure sensors in the rims?
    David

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Did you get new tire pressure sensors installed with your new wheels?

electriceddy likes this.
  4. I suspect no TPMS sensors in the new rims or wrong fr.
    Any sensors can be installed that operate at 433 MHz fr , ;)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  5. david de volpi

david de volpi New Member

Never heard about that. Still learning all about this car.when I saw the tire pressure light on I was worried.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm surprised the place that installed your new wheels didn't bother to check whether your vehicle uses in-wheel TPMS sensors. They would have made more money by selling you the sensors and they would have a happy customer.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

Yep you need a new set of pressure sensors with the extra rims. I decided to forgo this expense first time around and just ignore the pressure warning. Bad idea. In bitter cold temps one day heading out onto the freeway resulted in a horrible rumbling. A visual inspection upon returning home revealed a severely under inflated tire caused by pot hole rim damage. Even at the right pressure those tires are still a little noisy as an after effect.

insightman likes this.
  9. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

If *one* of the sensors is out the whole TPMS system doesn't work, which is super-annoying since
    well-designed software could easily keep reporting on the rest. What if you're already running on
    your spare and want to be warned if *another* tire is going soft??

_H*

Keith Smith likes this.