Timelines on Buy Backs?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Sue, Sep 1, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sue

Sue New Member

Hi all,
    I recall seeing a thread (but can't find it now) with experiences of folks who are getting buy backs. As I am now in pursuit of a buy back, I am interested to hear how long it has taken. I'd appreciate your input on the process as well so I can get through this as quickly as possible.

To date I have:
    -Opened a Case
    -Waited for a Case Manager to Call, followed up - no contact yet (its been several days)
    -Sent a Letter of Final Opportunity to Repair (required by MA LL)
    -Started collection info needed for LL filing

Thanks,
    Sue

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. For me it took exactly 3 months from first contact to handing over the car.

Sue and electriceddy like this.
  4. Did I miss something here? Are you no longer a Kona EV owner? Are you in line for Ionic 5?:confused:

5. Well, you didn't miss anything. I've been in bed, rolled up crying the whole time. They picked up my Kona just a couple days ago. Buyback went through.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the Ioniq5. Driving a gas car until then.

I'll be doing some videos about it.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. After three months mine should be complete in a week or two. It could have gone a bit faster but my situation rare. We were waiting on our state registration. Vehicle was only with us 4 months when we requested the buy back. We just picked up a 2022 Kona EV. I also have a reservation in for an Ioniq 5.

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Looking forward to those videos as I enjoyed your previous ones.
    Must be hard getting to used to to be driving ICE again, maybe just hang around some charging locations to rekindle that inner desire in anticipation of your Ionic 5 replacement.
    I really enjoy driving electric, so far Kona EVs have been kind to me and so were the Leafs I drove previous. I had to drive a gas powered service van not to long ago, and I hated every minute of it.
    Personally, I will never switch back, no matter what happens, even on a temporary basis. I would much rather drive a used EV (low cost beater with limited range) but I know this probably wouldn't work for you given your driving requirements.
    You have my sympathy (or if congratulations are in order on your buyback) so be it;)

Esprit1st likes this.
  9. GPM432

GPM432 Active Member

I'm interested to know what people are getting for money on their buybacks and is it fair and how much of a loss from your purchase price just being nosey..

10. It depends on your state's lemon law. In California, and states with similar laws, the buyback for a cash purchase is exactly what you paid for the car, including tax, registration and fees, less a depreciation percentage equal to miles driven as of the first problem divided by 120,000 miles.

The federal tax credit does not enter into it, nor do other rebates that don't appear on the dealer's bill of sale, which creates a built-in profit.

Ronny likes this.