The wealthy will not own their own cars soon

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Nov 14, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Saw this funny debate between on how total self driving cars will be and how quick it will happen.

One side of the debate had a self made software CEO who spends half the year roaming the country with his family in a custom RV built on a Mercedes platform.

That gentleman was of the opinion that people in gated cars would keep at least one private automobile because they like to stow supplies in them. But then again he lives out of his vehicle much of the time. Even though he knows very well the group he speaks of I think he is simply wrong about many or most other people with means beyond collector museam piece or sentimental needs. People with means will do the do the full on GTA: hello Pegasus Life Style Management.... ah yeah I need my jet exec Bell helecopter delivered to the middle of the 405 freeway. They will be like hello Bugatti (of the very near future- not the one about to be defunct) yeah I need your entire line up of newest model vehicles available all the time 1 minute off and I need them tripple cleaned before they show up everytime and on Tuesdays I want them showing up stocked with gourmet from HEB World Market and on Friday night with food from that 5 star French restaurant. Also I need the child care specialty items in the car at all times and I need a wet bar and every other Friday night I need a guard and a chaperone. That is how it will be. Everyone else will toss owning a car for the savings. And municipalities will put real cost pressure on people to ditch car ownership because they want to combat traffic, stop sprawl and to spend on Boring tunnels and hyperloop connections. Also, the insurance will become prohibitive in price.

On the otherside I do see Tesla hitting a winner take all and I don't see Google's geo fenced ad based bull sht saving moron companies like GM. But Elon has said he doesn't see the winner take all monopoly status on that lasting- the key is manufacturing. So while the increment to Tesla may be 100K per vehicle, that is in part precisely because a great competition killing decrement in vehicles will be needed.

I believe when your self driving car shows up daily it will have the items you need in it. It will have the grocerys in the car. And it will be robot cleaned and inspected and be made of self cleaning or self sanitizing anti microbial materials that are still non toxic. In France you can't find a public rest room but when you do they steam sanitize between uses. It won't matter if seats are wax paper lined like public toilets on auto rolls... its never having to maintain or store or park or fuel a car again. This replaces both public and private transport its the best of both worlds.

We should have got rid of ISPs along time ago with mesh like Jobs threatened AT&T he would do. Damn Black Rock controlled Comcast (literally the property of Black Rock Advisors!) is an example abomination. So imagine Tesla vehicles will mesh and sync with Starlink and Tesla will logistical chain to consumer suppliers. So your Tesla account can replace Amazon Prime, Verizon Wireless, a Toyota bill and a Geico bill and a Chevron bill and a Edison bill. I don't see Tesla's self driving software as some scandalous pos like MS tries to push a subscription on like its more and more broken text editor or broken office suit, I just see it as part of Tesla's logistical chain.

Tesla should sell the Semis for instance but because making a factory work internally is akin to a logistical problem, Tesla should also do shipping itself for its own logstical supply efforts which will span to everything beyond just moving people about. Tesla is a direct competitor to Amazon. Don't think so? How does Tesla sell cars? How much advertising does it do?

2. To remove this ad click here.