The new Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prius Prime' started by bwilson4web, Apr 6, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

If this car had been available in the 2017 Prius Prime, I would not have traded it in for a 2019 Tesla Model 3. The major improvements: (1) usable EV range; (2) true EV mode; (3) much improved TSSP, and; (4) same price as $41,000 Model 3.

No, I won't trade in my 2019 Model 3 for the new Prime because Tesla has made substantial improvements over the years. With 102,000 miles, I still marvel that the Tesla per mile price is 1/3d that of my old Prius Prime and even the new one.

However, if the next Toyota EV switches to the Tesla plug and connector, I might go back to a Toyota. The Supercharger network sells cars.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

Yeah but just try to get your hands on one.

insightman likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It would be interesting to order a Prius Prime and a RAV4 Prime at the same time and see which one showed up first. This document has no country of origin or date, but it has a genuine feel to it:

upload_2023-4-7_21-5-3.png

5. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

Has anyone upgraded from the previous Prius Prime to the new Prius Prime?

We are hearing that the back seat is a bit more challenging for ingress and egress due to the new roofline.

For this and other reasons, we have been considering moving up to a RAV4 Prime.

Any feed back on either of these possible transitions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Over in PriusChat, one respected poster turned in his early plug-in Prius for a RAV4 and reports both he and his better half are well pleased.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.