Telematics unit

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Joe17, Jul 14, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Joe17

Joe17 New Member

Anyone familiar with the operation of the tcu and CAN bus? I am having issues with my 2018 touring with no communcations with the tcu using honda link. I have checked all 3 fuses and they are good. Also, I do get 4 or 5 bars for the tcu connection when the car is turned off. I suspect a bad tcu or a problem with the CAN bus. Is there a vlotage to look for on the CAN bus wiring to show that bus communication is there? I have tried unplugging the tcu connectors and the tcu antenna connectors to see if there is a diagnostic fault logged for the tcu or bus but no fault gets logged and there are no faults for the CAN bus. I had suspected a faulty hood switch but that checked good. I have access to the repair manuals and wiring diagrams but am at a loss as what to check other than replacing the tcu.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MeNerdHair

MeNerdHair New Member

If you get the 4/5 bars, the TCU is on the CAN bus, booting, and getting a connection. Your problem is likely on the HondaLink side. (Personally, I hate all this "cloud" nonsense, and removed my TCU years ago.)

4. Joe17

Joe17 New Member

It took almost a year back and forth with Honda but it was indeed on their end. I like using it to pre-warm my car during the Chicago winters.