Survey for a school project

Discussion in 'General' started by Louaine, Jun 12, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Louaine

Louaine New Member

Hello,
    for my school project I have to survey EV users, that is why I would appreciate if you would please fill out this survey please. Thank you very much.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Innocuous until the end:

Your response will remain anonymous to the form owner after you sign in to save the response.
    Save the response

Now I wonder if it was just an e-mail harvester.

Bob Wilson

4. Louaine

Louaine New Member

Hi, I promise I am not an e-mail harvester. This is really for a school project. We are supposed to think of a way to innovate and optimise the charging experience for EV users.

5. bwilson4web

Not you so much as the Survey software. I don't remember 'Survey Monkey' requiring an e-mail to have the response submitted. No harm in my case as I have a 'trash' e-mail account maintained by Microsoft whose survey software was used.

Let me suggest a 'disclaimer' about needing to submit an e-mail for the results to be recorded would be a good thing. <GRINS>

BTW, any questions about my 'essay' responses?

Bob Wilson

6. @Louaine I filled out the survey. However, at the end I did not enter my email and requested password so I do not know if you will see the data. Otherwise I am happy to provide answers to the survey questions in a way that does not require me to give out my email password. For example, I would be happy to answer the questions here if that works for you.

bwilson4web likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

This approach, outlining the survey, would allow others to add their comments and opinions to what we share. But if there is a statistical component to the survey, correlating the responses would be more difficult.

Bob Wilson

andyG59 likes this.
  9. Celtic Norseman

Celtic Norseman New Member Subscriber

I'm doing a master's degree in data science and have similar things going on. A better design would be not requiring an email, but adding an optional field at the end to share results with people if they choose. Survey Monkey and other platforms don't require an email to save responses, that's the decision of the designer of the survey.

There is still a unique ID for every response, anonymous or otherwise, so the email address is not required in any way unless it's for a follow-up survey later (in which case that should also be disclosed now).

Please note this is meant as constructive criticism, your results will be biased if you require an email because of the people who don't want to provide an email will be missing from your responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

bwilson4web, Domenick and andyG59 like this.
  10. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

I'm someone else who is put off by the email requirement.
    Maybe some should do a survey on participation vs requirement to submit an email address?

insightman likes this.