Stuttering Noise on Startup

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by d-b, Sep 24, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. d-b

d-b New Member

Started up the car today and noticed a low stuttering / clicking noise coming from the front for about 3 seconds.

Anyone experience this?

I drove the Kona through some dusty / rocky / buggy roads for a road trip and haven't had a chance to wash it yet. Is it possible some vent or fan is clogged / dirty?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Did you notice any accumulation of debris inside the motor compartment or within the grille or shutters?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  4. d-b

d-b New Member

Was looking at things in the dark so will have to check again today. There is definitely some debris on the grille. Nothing inside the motor compartment.

5. It would be a difficult chore to clean the shutters, perhaps a screen of some sort could be fashioned to attach to the inside walls of the grille , removable and made of non metallic material like door screen material so not to affect radar. Would be handy on some back roads and when the bugs are abundant.

6. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

Sometimes when I start the Kona i have the feeling like the engine is starting up and vibrating in the mounts/revving high to warm up, and then i remember that it's a BEV not a gas car or my PHEV.

I have no idea what's happening when i get that feeling.

7. To remove this ad click here.