Strange Infotainment Issue

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by mbaran, Mar 29, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. mbaran

mbaran New Member

I've had my car about 5 months now, but this is brand new to yesterday.

My infotainment screen keeps making the power on/plugged in phone jingle, about every 45 seconds. I did a reboot of the system, but nothing. Has anyone seen this before?

I've attached a video if it, you can hear the noise towards the end. It's doing it right now with everything unplugged from the car, no cables or phones, and it won't stop.

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I could not play your audio but I can say that I think you are the first to post this problem. You might try a hard reset by disconnecting the neg battery terminal for a few minutes. Several have posted that when their Clarity became possessed with some electronic or computer gremlin this this helped. Otherwise it may warranty work time. Hopefully someone has had this happen and will help out. Let us know how you get it resolved.

4. mbaran

mbaran New Member

Definitely on my list of to-do once the Wife comes home with the car.

5. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

Apparently you aren't aware of Rule #1: never let your spouse drive your car, they might like it!! :rolleyes:

6. mbaran

mbaran New Member

She wavers. She likes it, but now that it's making noise shes not into it at all. Has anyone listened to my clip, and can tell me what that noise normally means? It seems odd that it goes even with no cables plugged in.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. mbaran

mbaran New Member

Major fail on my part, it was my Dashcam. I bet the SD card is dying or its not making good contact with the power pins. False alarm everyone!

9. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Whew!