Sound system specs - LIMITED (6-speaker crappy one)

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by MSimpsonNJ, Jun 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MSimpsonNJ

MSimpsonNJ Active Member

Hi all - apologies if this is posted already or in the manual, but I did not see it in either. Does anyone know the watts per channel (RMS) of the stock sound system that comes with the U.S. Limited?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sorry, I don't know the spec, but I did recently replace the factory speakers in my 2019 Limited. At the recommendation of the car stereo guy at my local Best Buy, I got 2 pairs of Infinity Primus PR6512is from Crutchfield.com. They are definitely a step up from the factory setup. Music has more clarity, better bass, and sounds better overall.

electriceddy likes this.
  4. MSimpsonNJ

MSimpsonNJ Active Member

5. MSimpsonNJ

MSimpsonNJ Active Member

Thanks Eric - that gives me some hope! I will try the same thing - did you do the install yourself and if so was it pretty straightforward?

electriceddy likes this.
  6. From the speaker side, nothing is writing on it. You will sure have a better sound with new speaker but the bottleneck will be the stock amp/radio.

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I had the shop at Best Buy install them. It probably isn't that hard but I wanted it done right and it would certainly have taken me longer to do it. The installer suggested changing the speakers first, then considering other upgrades if that didn't give me what I was looking for. For me, the new speakers did the trick.

MSimpsonNJ likes this.
  9. Perhaps this sound system upgrade posted in another forum has preventive measures to eliminate that:

[​IMG]
    might be a bit of a chore to access the spare tire however:D