Solid Level 2 Charger for $389

Discussion in 'General' started by DedicatedtoEVs, Aug 10, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. DedicatedtoEVs

DedicatedtoEVs New Member

bwilson4web likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hi,

I've found having a built-in, remote access very desirable. I'm using a JuiceBox 40 Pro at home and a public charger I manage. So I can monitor progress on an iPhone and configure the charger for service time and current. I'm using these features in a study of Prius Prime charging and summer temperatures.

Remote access is very desirable but I would prefer a cell phone data link instead of connecting to a WiFi network. I've bought two mobile hotspots that are dedicated to connecting to the JuiceBox and there appears to be some reliability issues that show the JuiceBox "offline" and a minute or two later, "online." My understanding is cell phone data-only, speed limited, can be very affordable.

The Costco unit is OK but without a data link of some sort, not my cuppa tea.

Did you see my review of a KHONS, multi-voltage, multi-current, portable EVSE? I've replaced my L1 that came with the BMW i3-REx with a KHONS which means I can tap into NEMA 14-50 outlets found at RV parks and get full L2 charging speed.

Bob Wilson