Skateboards, scooters, e-bikes and autonomous updates B.C.

Discussion in 'General' started by electriceddy, Apr 10, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. A lot for one thread, but summer is near and expect to see a lot more of these.
    My home location has a small hill on the road in front which skateboarders use all the time (not that safely I might add). Today I saw 2 electric ones -not legal in B.C.
    New e-bike rules allow for younger riders (14-15) to ride on the roads equipped with a "new class" called Lite e-bike, so be aware of those as well; (limited to 25km/hr and no throttle assisted motors max 250W.
    And then there are the " kick scooters" which have rules outlined provincially and municipally Not yet allowed in my town - Nanaimo - but I am sure they will show up anyway.
    Just have to be more careful with summer now arriving, hopefully car sensors will pick up some slack, but I wouldn't depend on them.
    Speaking of sensors... the new rules of Autonomous vehicles just out as well, and no to level 3 and up, as B.C bans them, with penalties starting @ $320.00 up to $2000.00 and 6 months in jail.
    The drivers have to assume the driving responsibilities, you can bet ICBC had a lot to do with this one.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
  2. To remove this ad click here.