Shorting traditional ICE manufactures and OEMs

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Nov 26, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hi,

If in appropriate here, I won't mind if this posting goes wandering to another sub-forum. Just I've seen Munro and two Tesla forums suggesting EVs are inevitable leading to EV makers, especially from China, going to dominate the market.

My experience with 'shorting' are two flavors:
    • vulture capitalists - buy the company for a song and sell the assets for salvage and property
    • 'resurrectionists' - who think they can turn the company around to profits
    The first group are just business recyclers who get the equipment to a recycler and the property sold. A lot of business property can become developments or new industrial parks or Detroit.

The second group is not one I'm not terribly interested in. Mitt Romney bought an office supply chain and made it into Staples. Not a place I would want to work at because they squeeze the employees.

Regardless, there is a rumor that Ark Invest is setting up a 'short' fund for traditional ICE makers and their OEMs. Borrow stock at a high price and replace later when their business collapses. I just don't like investing in the failure of others as you might get left with a bunch of junk and pissed-off former employees.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.