Setting up schedule for remote climate control advise

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Flyboy, Jun 23, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Flyboy

Flyboy New Member

Hello All,

We are a month old honda owner, pretty excited.

Using the honda link app is awesome, however, been trying to setup a schedule for the remote climate control to turn on automatically at certain times of the day.

It takes for ever and after clicking enable, it just keeps loading.

Do I have to sit inside the car while the phone is connected to do this? Can I do it remotely?

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Also, has anyone had success in adding second user to the honda link app?

Thank you all.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Make sure both the car and your phone have a strong cellular signal and then be patient. It’s slow because Honda’s paying for the bandwidth (and not us) and understandably they are trying to save money by limiting the frequency of the updates.

4. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

For me charge scheduling using the app is virtually flawless, it takes just under a minute to modify the schedule, and it always works, I use it multiple times a week. And I know the communication is nearly instantaneous because it might be 11:04 and I modify the charge schedule to start at 11:05 and at exactly 11:05 charging starts.

But using climate in the exact same environment all I get is endless messages about connecting to network, waking car, sending command, etc. I never get these messages when doing charge scheduling. The messages cycle around and repeat and would probably go on forever if I didn't cancel after 5-10 minutes of trying. Actually in many cases climate actually starts even though the app is stuck in its communications loop. So either there is a bug or they are doing a completely different type of communication for climate than what is used for charge scheduling.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Somethings going on because preconditioning by schedule and by demand (lock+fan buttons) works for me although there can be a lag of several minutes. And I get HL to indicate so (also with a lag sometimes) without the msg loops you’re getting.
    Can you try reinstalling HL or using HL from another phone? Have you tried Honda Tech Support? They were helpful the one time I called them.
    Mine’s working on an iPhone 7.

6. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Android for me, maybe that's the difference. Also I should have been clear I am referring to "Turn On Climate". My car is in an attached garage so I normally use climate only when parked somewhere. Although I have tried it when home and have the same issue. But actually it seems to work most of the time, I just click "Turn On Climate" and ignore the endless messages and typically when I get to my car it's working.

Charge scheduling is a priority for me (reduced rates 11:00 pm to 7:00 am) and since that's working perfectly I'm not inclined to change anything right now.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Flyboy

Flyboy New Member

I have android as well. For me the remote turn on and off works even when I am in a different country thousands of miles away.

However, the enable feature just takes for ever. I click on enable and the loading screen just keeps going on and on.

Ill try deleting the app and reinstalling it and update the results soon.

Thanks again.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

9. Rangavasu

Rangavasu Member

Did anyone figure out to have more than one schedule like
    1. Monday to Friday - 5 AM
    2. Monday to Friday - 3:30 PM
    3. Sat & Sun - 7 AM

10. nano69an

nano69an New Member

How can we set multiple schedules for climate control as above?