Seat Swap? - Any other Honda seats swap in?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Lord09, Oct 23, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lord09

Lord09 New Member

I've had my base Clarity for a few months now and I find the manual seats to be the worst part of the car.

I simply can't find a comfortable position. Beyond that, I really do enjoy the car, but the seats are really killing it for me. I'm experiencing pretty bad knee/leg pain and its gotten to a point where I've considered getting rid of the car.

I suspect the root cause is the lack of tilt adjustment. In hindsight, I should've sprung for the Touring model.

In older Hondas, I know some seats from other models were swappable. Anyone have any knowledge or experience if any other Honda/Acura seats are swappable into the Clarity?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

I had some back pain issues and an obus forme backrest did the trick for $60. Have you tried something like that?

4. RogerB

RogerB Active Member

I've had a hard time getting comfortable too, but I eventually find a position that works. Then my wife drives it and I have to do it all over again. I didn't know how good I had it with the seats in my old TSX. The seats in the Clarity are the biggest letdown in an otherwise fantastic vehicle. Knowing what I do now, I probably would have priced out Touring models too.

Jan likes this.
  5. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

You won't find the perfect position on electric seats either.
    The problem is the steering wheel and seats stolen from Civic. Now you see why the steering column is too short, and the seat is too small

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The Touring's driver's seat does offer the additional seat-bottom tilt adjustment, so there's a chance it will provide a better position for some drivers (such as me--I love our Touring's seats). If careful adjustment of the electric driver's seat does provide a comfortable position, the fob-linked seat-position memory will ensure that special position is retained.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Lord09

Lord09 New Member

Bump. I’ve been checking car-part regularly for a set of electric seats from a Touring model. I’m even willing to take a chance on 10th gen civic seats if I can find an electric version cheap enough.