Rivian financials

Discussion in 'Rivian' started by Domenick, Oct 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The YouTube channel Hyperchange recently put out a video looking at Rivian's financials. I suspect this topic will have its own sub-forum eventually -- especially if/when they decide to do an IPO, but I thought this might be a good opportunity to get the conversation started.

The video takes a stab at modeling the company's from now until 2025.

The host is best known for his work on Tesla, but he is quite familiar with Rivian, having attended the L.A. reveal and he has also visited the company's offices.

He postulates that Rivian can see about $10 billion in revenue in 5 years just for the company's own branded product (R1T, R1S, and "rally-like car"). He also believes the company is worth about $5-7 billion right now.

While mentioning he's trying to be as bullish as possible for this model, he then adds on the Amazon order. He doesn't stop there with this partner. He also adds that he believes Rivian will work with Amazon on a semi-truck design (I personally feel this is a stretch, but, ok).

Long story short, his bullish argument results in RIvian being worth about $47 billion in 2025. He also, though, suggests there is a possibility Amazon acquires them and turns its production away from a Rivian-branded lineup toward just delivery vehicles (personally don't think this is likely, but again, who knows).

All in all, it's an interesting watch. You may want to adjust the playback speed to .75 if you're having trouble keeping up.

Rivian-financials-model.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.