Railing against Blink

Discussion in 'General' started by hobbit, Nov 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

I have a new piece up about Blink, which has to be about the sorriest excuse for a "charging network" out
    there at the moment. They just dug themselves in even deeper last month.

http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/ev/blink.html

It's very ranty, pulls no punches at all, and includes a fun graphic I'm kind of proud about.

_H*

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Look no further as the company name lives up to its true meaning
    "on the blink"
    : in or into a disabled or useless condition
    The facts cannot be blinked away:)

Fastnf likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

That's quite a write-up! I had just a single, unsuccessful 45-minute experience at the Blink charging stations at Witbeck's Family Foods in Claire, Michigan. Unlike @hobbit, however, I couldn't talk to their support staff because when I called, the robot answering the phone said I needed a "conference code" before I could speak with anyone.

Fortunately, tiny Clare has an alternative to Blink. The Shell station less than a mile up S. Clare Avenue from Whitbeck's Family Foods has 2 ChargePoint 62kW charging stations.

Now I'm hoping my Blink RFID card will become a rare collectible that I can sell after Blink goes away to compensate me for my frustrating experience last summer.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Several years ago, Blink made a major effort to install L2 chargers across Tennessee. But those that require a fee, don't work for my RFID card nor the iPhone App. But one example that does not insist on payment, seems to be stuck on 'enabled' without payment. We have another Blink EVSE in Huntsville that gave free charging in the past.

Speculation, this may be a fail safe for "... they still had 2G cell-data modems ..."

Bob Wilson

6. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I have never had the displeasure of using one of their chargers as we really don't have any in our area. There are other CPO that I might rant about instead, but we all have our own stories, I guess.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Several Blink L2s were installed in my county way back in 2012. They never worked and within a year they were all torn out and replaced with ChargePoints. The ChargePoints aren’t the model of reliability either but usually you can find one that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

9. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Blink's overwrought claims and poor business practice goes back a ways, notably touching
    a VERY sketchy history around their founder / CEO:

. https://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22michael%20farkas%22+%2Bblink+%2Bfraud
    . https://ir.blinkcharging.com/company-information/management-team

If their management ever deigns to return my repeated requests for callback, I'm simply going
    to tell them to refund anything I committed financially, kill my account, and go pound sand until
    they've figured out how to run a real infrastructure.

I also filed an FTC report against these clowns, much good that'll probably do.

_H*

insightman likes this.
  10. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

bwilson4web likes this.