Parts Prices

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Sandroad, Jun 9, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

The question raised in another thread about the cost of the hybrid battery led me to peruse prices of Clarity parts. I found some amusing parts and some high prices. An example of an amusing part is the Coolant Heater, which discounts for $1793. I'm just happy the car has something that heats the coolant, because you certainly wouldn't want your coolant cooled. ;)

Some discount (not MSRP) prices:

Key fob = $335
    Enkei OEM wheel = $578
    Mitsubishi audio head unit = $1315
    Center stack display tablet = $1800
    Rear view camera = $518

When you think about the costs of nice aftermarket wheels, audio head units, tablets, and rear cameras, the above are pretty amazing. And don't lose that fob!

ClarityDoc likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

It would also be amusing if you could add up the cost of every part to build the car yourself. I bet it would be a hundreds of thousands. The sad news is that we have to pay for those ridiculous prices in higher insurance rates.

My key fob lives in fear of what happened to his cousin the iPhone... death by washing machine.
    Well at least it made me give up my iPhone 5s (if you replace the battery yourself it’ll last until you don’t check your pockets on wash day).