Paddle Braking

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by NJEVguy, May 15, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. NJEVguy

NJEVguy New Member

I'm an owner of a 2022 EUV, My question is ,, does anyone else experience a lack of braking with the Paddle brake when first driving the car each day . The paddle brake does slow the car but not as much as when I have driven the car for 10 miles or so. To explain, the paddle braking slows the car down quicker the more I've driven the car. Much more than the first 5 miles or so. Thanks for any info

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hi there. Do you charge your car to 100 percent every day?
    In electric vehicles, using regenerative braking puts energy back into the pack. But, if the pack is full or nearly full, it can not add more energy, and when it can, it may only accept lower amounts. The technical reason for this is when the battery is near full - the cathode is nearly saturated with lithium ions, so it takes them a little longer to find a space to lodge themselves.

As a side note, unless you need 100 percent battery every day, it's better to just fill to around 80 percent or so because its ability to hold energy will degrade slower. And, you'll get normal levels of regen braking straight out the gate.

4. Roland

Roland Member

One strategy that might help if you do charge you car to 100%, is you could use that extra charge to pre-condition the car in the morning before ever leaving the house. Do it from your phone. That would take the top off the charge and have you sitting comfy just as soon as you hit the seat!