Over the air update erased maps/nav

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Raleigh Ron, May 8, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

As I was shutting down my 2024 Kona Electric, the main screen said there was a software update available, and would I like to update it. Kona has OTA updates?!? Great! I chose to install it, and it seemed to finish within 10 secs.

That seemed awfully fast, I thought. Later, I turned on the car, and the Maps and Nav section were gone. Anyone else have this happen?

Later, I tried using the Navigator Update app for Windows, to see if I could manually download the update, but there's no update listed for 2024 Kona Electric.

Well, next step is to call Hyundai support tomorrow.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It may have been still in the process...I would try starting the car again tomorrow and see if the screen returns. Let us know;)

4. Jared Petry

Jared Petry New Member

Having the same issue. OTA update installed yesterday afternoon. The "What's New" only said "Performance improvements". Update took less than 10 seconds. Restarted car and no maps. Still no maps this morning.

I tried to get the nav download from the Hyundai map updates website and the 2024 Kona Electric is not listed for the US, so looks like I'll have to wait until it comes out on the website or they push another OTA.

5. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

I wish it were that simple. There are reports of this happening to other Kona Electric owners on Reddit. Hopefully Hyundai will push another update to fix this soon.

6. This is interesting to me as I was wondering how one was supposed to know if an OTA update had occurred. So it gives a notice on the nav screen? I haven't seen signs of any updates yet. I'm in Canada.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. DennisAlexander

DennisAlexander New Member

I’ve had the same issue, got update, completed fast. Maps now won’t open

9. eCork

eCork New Member

Is over the air updates only for the 2024 model, or will older models do that too?

10. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

Yes, the screen changed to say something like Update Available, Do you want to want to install it now? Meanwhile, the female voice (same one that says "Charging Started" when you connect a charging cable) came through the interior car speakers, saying what was on the screen. It all seemed very impressive, until it didn't work, and took away nav/maps.

Wildeyed likes this.
  11. Only the 2024 model—with the new "ccNC" infotainment system—will receive over-the-air updates.

For older models, visit the Hyundai Update website to download updates and install them yourself. The next update will be released in June 2024.

Tim94549 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.