Our Clarity's come out near the top!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JohnT, Jul 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

Yeah, the #17 isn't a ranking as these are categories of vehicle types so I'm not sure why they even have numbers.

Anyway, these kinds of rankings are more click-bait than anything. The Prime is put in another category from the Clarity. Really? Also, Tesla fans aren't going to like the choice for best EV!

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

For those with a slow connection who don't want to click tediously through 20 pages to get to the least expensive to own all-electric car, it's the Hyundai Ionic Electric. I, for one, am not surprised a Tesla doesn't rate as the cheapest all-electric car.

4. Bender

Bender Active Member

But how will I have $21,587 5-year depreciation cost? I only paid $20,899 total for my 2018 Touring after accounting for the $7500 tax credit and TTL....

So it will be worth ($688) in 5 years?

;)

4sallypat and M.M. like this.
  5. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

If that's ridiculous enough, my Clarity is on a lease and at the end of 3 years, the closed end lease contact says it will be worth $14,400.

So in 3 years, if the car has not given me grief (many times experienced that with BMW, Merc, Land Rover), I will be paying off the contract to keep her....

I wonder if @Bender is correct - the car will be worth under $1k in 5 years???

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Bender

Bender Active Member

The parenthesis denotes a negative value.

I was, of course, joking. I would guess they used MSRP + delivery charge for the base model and then multiplied by ~60% (leaving a 40% value after 5 years) to estimate depreciation.
    If the vehicle actually has 40% of msrp value after 5 years, I will have $5800 depreciation over those 5 years.

Your lease's residual value seems near 40% for only 3 years, but I am assuming you got the tax credit applied at the start of the lease.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019