New wrinkle HV range

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JohnT, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Hi - haven't seen this mentioned on the forum before.

2018 Canadian Touring. Full tank of gas. Fully charged. Range 528 km

Info screen showing energy (battery, ICE, traction motors)... Driving in 32 C temp

notice my gas range is decreasing rapidly - in 15 minutes from 528km to 499 km.

No change to the gas tank level; engine never came on.

What gives ?

John

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. There is a recent thread that covers this topic: “Here we go against with the crazy GOM” It’s on page 2 and I don’t possess the technical savvy to link the thread.

You do say that the info screen shows ICE, which I take to be Internal Combustion Engine, while also stating that the engine never came on.

Please review the other thread. If necessary, clarify the conditions under which you experienced this phenomenon.

4. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Thanks Landshark
    Similar but not the same - and yes the gas engine never came on; the gas tank was full and had used a liter or two when the gas engine started on the 'normal' 'just because' routine. This is the first time I have seen what I described; EV only and gas range dropping.
    Cheers John

5. It has been proposed that the brains of the operation may recalculate range estimates when you least expect it. Since it is now reported that the engine had burned a liter or two while running a system check, it is possible that a lower fuel level was detected and the range was adjusted accordingly.

Has the HV range continued to drop while operating in EV?