National Drive Electric Week - September 8 - 16 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by Kenneth Bokor, Sep 8, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kenneth Bokor

Kenneth Bokor Active Member

Just a reminder that today starts off a week-long series of events and activities to provide education and spur on EV adoption across North America.

Check out https://driveelectricweek.org for more info and for an event location near you.

If anyone in the GTA is interested to come out to the Brampton Event tomorrow, I'll be there so please come by and say hi!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. My local event (in Tallahassee, Fl) is next Saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing all the cars and (hopefully) going for a ride.

4. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

I enjoyed visiting the event in Waynesboro, VA last Saturday. In spite of the rain later on, we all enjoyed talking under the small tent, and I appreciated sitting in and learning the Bolt and Leaf, as well as talking with a Tesla 3 owner. Nice folks, and exciting to learn more about electron-enabled driving!

Thanks for the heads up here!

5. Reagle

Reagle New Member

Ours (Rochester, NY) is this Saturday and is shaping to be the largest so far. We are at 93 registered attendees, 40 cars and 7 dealers bringing cars for test drives.

Domenick likes this.
  6. I attended one event yesterday in my area. However the other ones planned for Friday and Saturday have been postponed for two weeks due to the hurricane.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Here are some photos:
    PK704333-Edit.jpg PK704334-Edit.jpg PK704330-Edit.jpg PK704343-Edit.jpg PK704345-Edit.jpg PK704356-Edit.jpg

Domenick likes this.
  9. We had a pretty great event in Tallahassee.
    Despite it being the first of its sort, we filled the parking lot to overflowing. I admit I was surprised at the number of cars. Off-hand I'd say there were about 30.
    There were no Tesla Roadsters, but we did have 3, S, and X. Chevy Volts and Bolts, Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid (nice!), Ford Fusion Energi, BMW i3, Toyota Prius Prime, Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid, Volvo XC 60 were all there. Plus some bicycles.

Here are some shots.

NDEW-Tally-2018-a.jpg

The very elusive (in these parts) Chevy Spark EV.
    NDEW-Tally-2018-c.jpg

Our city even brought a Proterra bus by. This one has already seen 3 or 4 years of service.
    NDEW-Tally-2018-b.jpg

Sondors fat tire (no idea why they call it that. :)
    NDEW-Tally-2018-d.jpg

Requisite Model 3 in adventure mode. (Guy had te rear seats folded down and a full bed in there.)
    NDEW-Tally-2018-e.jpg

10. The National Drive Electric Week has been declared a success.

More than 180,000 people attending 321 events. Not bad.

11. To remove this ad click here.