MPG Mileage after first fill-up

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi' started by John Hepler, Sep 13, 2018.

1. John Hepler

John Hepler New Member

Not long ago, I had to finally refill my new Outlander PHEV after purchase in May.

I was able to get 159 MPG, by being diligent to use EV only mode as often as possible. Most my driving is a daily commute that is below the 25 miles all EV range. On my second tank, I'm only allowing the car to use default mode (hybrid) with no active selecting of EV only.

I'll report back, but so far, very pleased.

2. gooki

gooki Member

Great result.

3. marshall

marshall Member

It seems like the small SUV is working well for your summer driving. Hopefully, the electric cabin heater will keep you warm in the winter without losing too much EV range and make you happy with the vehicle all year round .

I saw one at the National Drive Electric Week car show last week and the owners seemed to like the vehicle. Mitsubishi may have a winner on their hands to compete with the Honda Clarity in the USA market.

Keep us informed as you go through fall, winter, and spring.

4. John Hepler

John Hepler New Member

We live in Atlanta, so the winters re mild, thankfullly.

The big advantage the Mitsubishi has over the Clarity and other PHEVs in the US market is that the Outlander is a true (small) SUV, whereas the Clarify is a sedan. For us, that was thee determining factor. We need the SUV to put a wheelchair in, which would not fit in any of the sedans.

So, the combo of the PHEV, mileage and SUV was a winner for us.