Model 3 Won't Shut Off

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RLove, Mar 30, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RLove

RLove New Member

Lately, occasionally our Model 3 won't turn off the lights, turn off the stereo or A/C when we park. The car will lock but everything else stays on. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen. I fought with it for for five minutes at a restaurant putting it in drive then park repeatedly until it finally shut down properly.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

My 2019 Model 3 Std Rng Plus, version 2023.44.30.25, has not shown this symptom before. What is your model and software version?

I could replicate if using camp or dog mode.

Bob Wilson

4. RLove

RLove New Member

Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor, v11.1 2024 2.7

It does behave like dog or camp mode with the exception of the lights staying on and the stereo continuing to play...it's like we never went into Park. It seems as though someone else could just get in the car and drive off.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hummm, can you turn off your phone key and try to get in and drive?

If you can, you've demonstrated a 'hacked' Tesla, a security flaw. Let Tesla know and you will be rewarded. Probably best to schedule service and make sure you mention 'a security flaw' or 'hacked Tesla.' Share how you reproduce it.

Tesla will over-air access your car and verify no ordinary configuration problem.

GOOD LUCK!
    Bob Wilson

ps. I've got FSD so our software versions are different. Also, I've got the V3 computer upgrade.

6. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

I wonder if, like any computer or cell phone, completely powering it off - waiting a few minutes - then powering it back on might solve the problem?

1. Open the frunk.
    2. Open the rear doors.
    3. On the screen tap Controls then Safety then Power Off
    4. Remove the upper cowl (between the frunk and the windshield)
    5. Disconnect the battery
    6. Release the two clips along the bottom of the rear seat (where it meets the carpet)
    7. Lift the rear seat bottom
    8. On the passenger side, remove the black styrofoam block and disconnect the traction battery
    9. Wait a few minutes
    10. Repeat steps 9-4 (in reverse order)
    11. Wait for the car to reboot.

If there's anything "gunking up" the computer stystem, this will clear it. The entire process will take fewer than 10 minutes and is not difficult to accomplish. Or just do as Bob suggested and take it in for service.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Has the problem been resolved?