Losing Radio Presets

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by BlueMoon, Dec 8, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

2020 Kona
    Just installed the October 2022 updates.
    I was thrilled to find that the radio presets can once again be sorted!

Unfortunately, it appears that every time I switch driver profiles, it deletes all of the radio presets that I have saved. Anyone else seeing this or have a way around it?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ansonchappell

ansonchappell New Member

It sounds like something went wrong with the software update. I'd suggest trying it again.

4. I've lost the radio presets on my profile three or four times since installing that update. Very irritating. I have not seen a correlation between switching profiles and losing them, though.

5. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

Redownloaded the update from Hyundai and reinstalled the whole thing in the Kona. Problem absolutely still exists and is easy to replicate.
    1. Set a radio preset.
    2. Switch to other profile
    3. Switch back to first profile
    4. See that all presets are deleted

Would anyone else be able to try this out and see if they also have the problem or if it works just fine?

I will likely consider just using one profile but it was easier for connecting two phones with two profiles...

6. Did anyone who uses only one profile lose the presets with the new update?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I am also seeing this issue. Just after the update, I noticed that all of the presets were gone on my wife's profile, so I set them for her as best I could. The next time I switched to my profile, my presets were gone. I guess that is to be expected since the update nuked all of the presets for all profiles. Why, who knows. So I set up the presets on my profile. A few days later, after my wife had driven the car a few times, using her profile, my presets were gone. Set them again and some time later on, they were gone. The presets on my wife's profile do not get deleted, only mine. Once the car returns, I will try switching back and forth between profiles to see if it is trivially reproducible.

9. With the car started and my butt in the drivers seat, and no opening and closing of the door, I tried simplistically switching back and forth between profiles using the Setup menu item 4 or 5 times. Each time I checked if the presets were set. This did not lose any FM presets so the situation for losing them seems to be more complex in my situation. The setting to turn off the radio when the door is opened is ON. @BlueMoon, when you tried it, did you start the vehicle (Brake + Start) or use the accessory position (Start button only)? Did you open the door any time during your testing? Do you have the setting that turns off the radio when you open the door set? This might be country-model specific issue, so in which country do you live?

Previously, I have lost presets 3 or 4 times and its pretty irritating. One thing I am considering is to try and reset to factory defaults as I assume that this rebuilds the database, getting rid of bad or conflicting configuration data. Usually, database migration during an upgrade is not as well tested as it should be, so any issues there would be fixed by a reset to factory defaults. Not looking forward to spending an hour setting up both profiles again, so I will procrastinate on that idea until a a sunny day that is above freezing. Which is looking like mid-March.

10. Not the same problem but an update annoyance. I used to be able to rearrange the set up icons to suit right hand drive. Since the December(for Oz) update it reverts to the LHD setup every time I switch the car off.:(

11. After the Oct 2023 vehicle update, this problem has returned. My FM presets are reset when switching from my wife's profile to my profile. Her presets remain.

12. To remove this ad click here.