Land Keep Assist - Narrow - Wide - Normal

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Valente, Oct 23, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Valente

Valente Active Member

I do a lot of freeway driving and always encounter wide lanes and very narrow lanes. I've tried all 3 settings and can't tell the difference so I have it set to normal. What are these settings for?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

I checked the manual and found no mention of settings for Lkas. So maybe you are seeing the different following distances for acc.

4. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

Valente

The attachment below discusses the Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) system which is what you may be referring to.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

Kerbe and neal adkins like this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You've been changing the settings of the Road Departure Mitigation System, not the Lane Keeping Assist System. This may be the same as @Clarity_Newbie's attachment, but I didn't open it.

upload_2019-10-24_0-19-52.png

6. There are actually 5 settings for RDM, Normal, Narrow, Wide, Warning and “Off”.

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

The only difference I’ve found is that I get more RDM warnings with the narrow, but that’s OK since I need all the help I can get according to my son who says it’s a miracle I get anywhere without having a wreck. (And yes, I still love him.)

Dan McInerney and MPower like this.
  9. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Sounds like my daughter who says I'm the worst driver in the world. Together, the Clarity and I are not quite so bad.

KentuckyKen and Dan McInerney like this.