LADWP rebate for charger

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ozy, Dec 18, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ozy

ozy Active Member

Has anyone gotten this rebate? The LADWP (los angeles dept of water and power) claims that they give a $500 rebate for a UL charger. Here is their wording:

"The maximum rebate offered is $500 for the purchase of a qualifying Level 2 (240-volt) EV charger. The final rebate will be based on the total cost of the charger, minus any other EV charger financial incentives or rebates received from a third party/parties. Only hardware costs of the EV charger are eligible. Actual costs of the EV charger must be itemized on a paid invoice or installation contract for the qualifying EV charger or the purchase or lease agreement of a qualifying vehicle (if bundled with the vehicle) as defined in Section 5 below. Installation costs, including, without limitation, labor or panels, circuit breakers and meter sockets, electrical conduits, wiring, junction boxes, disconnects, switches, and fuses are not eligible. The maximum rebate of $500 shall not exceed the total cost of the EV charger. Participants cannot receive more than one EV charger rebate per vehicle at the residence of record served for electric service by LADWP."

I spoke to someone at their department and he told me that it had to be UL certified. I will definitely try and qualify. They also had a second rebate for $250 if you get a TOU (time of use panel). Not sure yet what this means or if it's worth doing but I will look into it.

2. To remove this ad click here.