Kona Ev battery coolant recall

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by G5rry, Apr 7, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. G5rry

G5rry New Member

My 2020 Kona EV had the coolant changed last July, my mate has one as well and his in for a warning light repair and on checking his has not had the coolant changed under the recall, it does show if you put the VIN number in it is affected. When mentioned to the dealer they claim that this work is only carried out if the warning light is on, yet on Hyundai's own info they state all cars should have the work done prior to being sold at dealerships, anyone know if they are making this up?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. There was a report about a year ago, I think out of the UK on the SpeakEVs Kona EV forum, that the blue coolant was in short supply and those cars with a warning message were given priority by dealers.

But at this late stage all cars in the applicable range should have it done. Note, dates are month/day/year.

upload_2024-4-8_8-24-28.png

4. G5rry

G5rry New Member

Cheers for the reply, he was looking at having the 4th year service done a bit early and this would have included a full coolant change, so they are quite capable of doing it but only if they charge for it, not from the recall.

5. felix1985

felix1985 New Member

I have the same problem, thank you very much for the information.