Kona Electric VESS alternative sounds

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Domenick, Oct 29, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Is your VESS too quiet and unobtrusive? Have you always dreamed of being an engineer (the train-driving kind, not the other kind(s))?

Well, then, check out this video from Eric Reuter who figured out how to make his car sound like a locomotive!

Apparently, he managed the feat by building "a CAN to DCC interface and am using a Phoenix P8 DCC sound module." (Simples!)

For more insight, here's a video of him explaining a bit about how the VESS works.

Anyway, now I'm wondering how hard it would be for owners to get custom sounds and also what would be the coolest sound.

davidtm likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

If I were a pedestrian, I would be bracing myself for a faceful of diesel exhaust if I heard that noise.

Jetsons is kind of what I would like to see. I don't know if I would use it, but it would be kind of fun.

Domenick likes this.
  4. I dunno, I think it could get quite annoying as well.

5. Paul DeLeon

Paul DeLeon Active Member

The hard part, for me, is getting it out. How do you remove that front piece that fits over the box?

6. Cain

Cain New Member

I'd like a menu of sounds depending on my mood. But the tie fighter roar would be the default on my Kona.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.