Keep running into faulty chargers or don’t know if it’s already in use?

Discussion in 'General' started by curious3, Apr 26, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. curious3

curious3 New Member

Hey everyone, did you know 72% of EV owners in the UK have experienced a faulty charger at least once within the last 12 months.

I imagine it’s even more often than that in some other regions. We over at volt are trying something new to see if we can help make public charging better of an experience.

Right now we are offering three $25 Amazon vouchers to three random prize winners just for telling us about your experience with public charging.

It only takes 5min to compete and you may help kickstart a new global EV community that grows a network more powerful than any single charge point operator aggregator can achieve.

Just visit https://govolt.io and complete the quick survey.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. curious3

curious3 New Member

I'm also curious to learn if people think a community contribution network is an effective solution to the public charging issues?

Instead of relying on the charge point operators we could create our own map. I've experienced and have read about so many people driving to a charge point which on an app says it's operational, just for the cable to be broken but the OS not aware. We need a smarter way to communicate charger reliability based on freshness of use etc.